Hello, and welcome to my blog!
Who am I? My name is Genna Pyewacket, I’m a naturopath, homeopath and mum living and working out of Lismore NSW, Australia. I have over 20 years experience in the field of natural medicine and have been practicing professionally for over 13 years. I have been extensively trained in Herbal medicine, Nutrition and Homeopathy and use a combination of these modalities in my practice. One of my passions is functional medicine and food as medicine- you’ll never leave a consult without recipes and a shopping list!
My philosophy-All naturopaths are trained to treat the patient as an interconnected whole, not just the disease or condition they may have. I believe that treatment plans should not just consider your health goals but also your limitations (both practical and financial), and what skills and habits you will need to develop to maintain good health on your own. My main objective is to be realistic and practical. Treatments are designed to be sustainable -I want you to get the most out of our work together.
-My experience is both traditional and science based. I began my studies in natural medicine by working under a Master Herbalist as an apprentice. I then formally trained as a Naturopath, expanding my knowledge of the human body, disease and the pharmacology of nutrition and herbs, graduating with a Bachelor of Health Science (University of New England) and many diplomas (Nature Care College/Endeavour College). I can offer you the best of both worlds.
-I want to not only address your health concerns with practical therapeutics, but also to make the experience inspiring! My job is get you feeling excited and empowered about your future good health, and the best way I do that is through sharing my passion for all areas of healthy living. You won’t feel deprived- you’ll feel spoiled for choice.
My work- Over the past decade of professional practice I have developed particular areas of expertise, including:
- Female reproductive health: fertility management and preconception care, pregnancy/postpartum/breastfeeding, hormonal imbalances
- Weight management and underlying metabolic disorders
- Children’s common acute ailments and family medicine- Everything from colds, colic, eczema and all other everyday/common ailments
- Digestive disorders and allergies
- Autoimmune diseases, including musculoskeletal and thyroid
- Stress/emotional support and sleep disorders
- Support during cancer treatment and in recovery
- Nutritional and lifestyle coaching, including everything from cooking, fermenting and raw food preparation, to pantry make-overs.
Find me: I’m available for private consultation both in person at my home clinic or via Skype. I am also available to present on any range of health related topics from nutrition to treatments for specific groups or organisations.
I am fully accredited and consultations with me are eligible for rebate with most private health insurers within Australia.
The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patient in the care of the human frame, in proper diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease. – Thomas Edison (1847 – 1931)